This engineer will successfully plan, execute and document the verification and validation testing of complex electro-mechanical systems from the component level up to the integrated system level. This position includes writing test software, designing test circuits and mechanical test fixtures. The ability to understand the equipment under test and its requirements is essential.
• Perform verification and validation testing of components to a full system CRRT device.
• Participate in V&V development process improvement and test automation. Constantly strive to make the development process better and more efficient.
• Diagnose, isolate and investigate problem reports. Problem report investigations drive product improvements or bug fixes.
• Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar required.
• 2 or more years experience in electro-mechanical hardware development/test
• 2 or more years experience in embedded software development/test
• Experience with Verification and Validation Test Process definition
• Experience with embedded system testing (motors, pumps, sensors, scales, etc.).
• Experience with electrical lab equipment (Multi-meter, Scope, etc.)
• Experience with all phases of system development lifecycle (requirements, design, debug, test, defect resolution)
• Experience with programming languages: C, C++, C#, .net
• Experience with engineering/office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write V&V specifications and documentation, create plans and procedures, and present in one-on-one and group settings.
• experience in safety-critical systems (medical, avionics, automotive, etc)
• experience in commercial RTOS development/test
• Experience with data acquisition, emulation, simulation and modeling tools (e.g. LabVIEW, LabWindows, Matlab)
• Experience with medical devices and associated international standards
• Ability to read electrical schematics.
• Experience with Subversion (or similar configuration management tools/methods)
• Experience with Requirements Management tools (e.g. DOORS