Electronic Technician - A
PMRF, Kauai, HI
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, headquartered in Honolulu, Hawaii, is a Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO) owned business. A premier government services company, Ke`aki Technologies offers a full spectrum of solutions that improve the performance and operational effectiveness of our government and Department of Defense customers. Our mission synchronized solutions are designed to deliver exactly what our customers need, when they need it. From base and range operations to biomedical defense support to telecommunications and IT services, we deliver the exact talent, tools and technologies needed to meet mission requirements.
Ke`aki Technologies has an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Technician - A . The position is located at the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF), Barking Sands in Kauai. This position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance .
With minimum supervision, this bargaining unit position Electronic Technician - A will program, troubleshoot, repair, inspect, overhaul, modify, calibrate, install, operate and maintains systems and equipment associated with the Underwater Tracking System and Naval Gunfire Scoring Systems (NGSS) and performs periodic maintenance procedures as required.
- Perform operations and maintenance of the UTS/NGSS electronic systems.
- Perform and document periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and/or OEM guidelines and schedules.
- Troubleshoot and repair to the component level, PMRF systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and by using simple and complex test equipment.
- Install, check, calibrate and perform acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment.
- The individual must possess working knowledge of programming techniques used in the day to day operation of all workstations associated with the Underwater Tracking System and NGSS.
- Assist with writing of Maintenance and Operation Instructions for the various systems within the UTS/NGSS section.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School or equivalent and satisfactory completion of a two year technical school or equivalent training, such as Navy "A" school or recognized correspondence course is required.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a related field of assignment is required with five (5) years being in the specific field of assignment.
- Must possess good knowledge of digital and radio frequency electronic theory.
- Must be familiar with UNIX, Red Hat Linux, and Windows 200/XP operating systems.
- Must possess above average troubleshooting and repair skills to component level of all types of electronic equipment associated with the job.
- Must possess the following PC skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel, and Windows.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
ENVIRONMENT: Electronics shop environment and remote site support.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES: Must be able to lift and carry, install and remove electronics equipment, peripherals and support systems in excess of 50lbs.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Union
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Must have, or within 90 days be able to obtain and maintain, the appropriate security clearance.
Ke`aki Technologies LLC is a fast growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid vacation and sick time; and 10 paid holidays.
For additional information on Ke`aki Technologies, LLC, please visit www.keakitech.com .
Ke`aki Technologies, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA) and applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, national origin, marital status, or genetic information.
Ke`aki Technologies - 22 months ago