Electronics / Electr ic al and Computer Engineer ( Computer/Embedded Systems )
Because this position requires a security clearance,
US Citizenship is mandatory.
Position: Mid- L evel Engineer/Scientist; Army Research Laboratory, Adelphi, MD
Salary Range: $ 75 , 0 00 – $ 1 15 ,000
In t his position , the candidate will be responsible for implementation of advanced signal processing algorithms and development of software on a DSP processor for military systems.
- M S EE or BSECE degre e with at least 4 years’ DSP software development experience .
- Experience in TI MCU and DSP processors, ADI DSP pr ocessors, PIC microcontrollers
- In-depth understanding of DSP algorithm implementation .
- Hands-on experience in debugging real-time DSP software .
- Debugging and testing embedded processor based applications. Interfacing with UART and USB based peripherals. Controlling and accessing various ICs including FLASH, RAM, GPIO and SPI-based integrated circuits .
- Familiar with test equipment such as logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer , etc .
- Experience with C/C++, and microprocessor programming .
- Experience in assembly programming language is a plus .
Please send resume, contact information for two references, and salary history to
- US citizenship
- Ability to secure a security clearance
- Good c ommunication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team environment
General Technical Services, LLC
Route 138, Wall, NJ 07719
Tel: (732) 280-2022
Fax: (732) 681-9314
The selected candidate will be a contract employee of General Technical Services LLC (GTS). US citizenship is required (security clearance). There may be occasional travel. GTS offers company-funded educational support for job-related training. Other benefits include ten (federal) holidays, a co-funded medical plan, fifteen days of personal time, and a 401(k) investment package.
Background: Located in Adelphi, MD, the U.S. Army Research Laboratory's (ARL) Sensors and Electron Devices Directorate (SEDD) is the principal Army organization for research and development in sensors and electron devices. SEDD conducts innovative research to provide the Army with affordable, enabling technology in electro-optic smart sensors, MEMS, multifunction radio-frequency systems, autonomous sensing, power generation and management, and RF and thermal signature management. SEDD coordinates technologies within the Army, other services and their laboratories, industry, and academia to leverage basic and applied research opportunities for the benefit of the Army. See http://www.arl.army.mil and select Sensors and Electronics Devices Directorate.
To accomplish its mission, SEDD utilizes several unique facilities, most notably the Zahl Physical Science Laboratory, a 349,000 GSF state-of-the-art electronics R&D facility. This building has a 15,000 GSF clean room, dry room, high energy laser facilities, bio-inspired sensor laboratories and other research & development infrastructure.