Electronics Engineer - Pooling Requisition - 080167
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
This position is responsible for the electronics engineering work activities needed to design, develop, and validate high voltage battery electronics for hybrid vehicle OEMs.
1. Specify and design electronic components and sub-assemblies
2. Establish electronics architecture
3. Develop detailed schematics for use by supplier to manufacture electronics sub assemblies.
4. Simulate the electronics and electrical performance of the system to predict performance and establish operating ranges and key design parameters. Optimize the system design to balance cost, performance, mass, volume, and energy efficiency. Develop and share models as required by the customer.
5. Design for vehicle level electronic and electromagnetic performance per customer requirements.
6. Design for manufacturability (DFM) to ensure that the design of all components, sub-systems, and battery system optimizes the manufacturing process at the sub-assembly, battery system assembly, and vehicle level assembly. Ensure that the design of all components facilitates handling throughout the product life cycle from shipping through disassembly and recycling.
7. Manage engineering documentation to ensure a sensible archive of information including engineering calculations, engineering drawings, intellectual property, DFMEAs, validation reports, meeting minutes, trip reports, supplier evaluations, and customer documents/communication.
1. AutoCAD 2009 or Later
2. Solid Works 3D and 2D package (preferred)
3. Schematic design tool (multiple systems if possible)
5. Matlab/Simulink/State Flow
6. MS Office Suite
- BSEE or BSEET from accredited four-year college or university. MS degree is desirable.
- Three to Ten years of professional engineering experience in related field
- OE Automotive/Tier 1 or other safety critical experience is required
- Experience developing and updating schematic for electronic systems is required
- Experience using analytical tools Matlab to analyze schematic or system performance
- Experience launching auto or other safety critical products is highly desired (junior level)/ required (senior level)
- Experience with component and system level EMC testing is highly desired
- Experience with high voltage EV/HEV systems is desired
- Solid communication and organizational skills
Johnson Controls - 9 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...