As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 2|
4,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Fabricates, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies electronic developmental and production equipment, parts, components, and systems according to engineering instructions.
1. Performs complex technical functions in support of engineering activities such as set up, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, calibration and troubleshooting of electronic or electro-mechanical components and systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models or specialized test equipment.
2. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal instructions.
3. Conducts complex engineering tests to collect design data or assist in general research work.
4. Diagnoses and isolates equipment and system malfunctions which fail to respond to standard corrective measures.
5. Assists in the development of electronic equipment.
6. Repairs or modifies cables and equipment returned by operational users or by personnel in the associated test and development laboratories.
7. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
3-5 years of related experience fabricating, maintaining and repairing electronic components.
BOARD REPAIR SUPPORT for SPD SYSTEMS:
•?Isolate system faults down to the Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level
•?Remove and repair faulty Field Replaceable Units
•?Diagnose and repair circuit boards down to the component level
•?Boards containing components with exotic packaging shall be
diagnosed down to the component level: however, the replacement
of the exotic components will be limited and at the discretion of the
•?Communicate with repair depot regarding technical problems.
•?Administer and operate contractor provided diagnostics tools to identify
•?Document failing FRUs
•?Document repair activity
•?Document and ship failing hardware to appropriate facilities.
•?Re-test hardware after it has been returned from the repair depot.
•?Participate in familiarization training, System Operation and Maintenance
Support, and other forms of training at the operational facility.
•?Participate, at government direction, in team meetings to ensure all
integration planning and maintenance implementation tasks are met and
properly planned to meet government support requirements.
Because of the nature of the work, a current and active TS/SCI Polygraph clearance is required.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 20 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...