**Electronics Technician - Day Shift**
Arrow Electronics, Inc.
Arrow Electronics Value Recovery center, located in the North Valleys area of Reno, is seeking Electronics Technicians for its day shift.
Work hours: 6 am to 2:30 pm Monday - Friday
Starting wage: $11.00/hour
**Position Summary: **
This position is responsible for the processing of a wide variety of IT hardware assets including Discovery, Testing, Data Security, Repair and Refurbishment, Image loading, and diagnostic testing. The key objectives are to handle and process the equipment in a manner to increase resale value where appropriate, ensure complete Data Security is performed, and maintain efficiencies.
**Position Responsibilities: **
**Essential Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: **
- Register, test, perform data security, repair, image, and perform diagnostics on equipment not limited to Desktops, Laptops, Servers, Storage arrays, Networking, LCD’s, Printers, Copiers, Smartphones, Small Electronics, and Hard Drives
- Accountable for production performance based on company standards for quantity and quality
- Utilize Arrow proprietary software to perform data security and record all service transactions
- As a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher, the Production Technician will follow procedures to apply a new Certificate of Authenticity to qualified product and load a new operating system
- Follow customer and company specific guidelines via systematic guidelines and internal web portals to ensure the correct services are performed for each asset
- Ensure the correct charges are posted for each service as performed
- Conduct repair of computer equipment when value appropriate
- Ensure quantity of throughput, quality, and accuracy meets Arrow standards and the needs of the customer
- Support safety and loss prevention program
- Other duties as assigned
- _Must_ have knowledge of computer hardware
- Ability to identify all desktop and laptop hardware
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot and diagnose issues with computer equipment
- Ability to escalate issues to supervisory level
- Computer literacy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Data entry skills
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for an 8-10 hour shift
**What is in it for you?**
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Experience in operations or warehouse environment preferred
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies'. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow’s has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal—success for Arrow and our partners.
- Skills development.
- Performance coaching
- Paid time off including 15 vacation days, 2 personal days, 9 holidays, and sick time
- Excellent medical, dental, vision with coverage available for domestic partners
- 401k with employer match
- Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.*
Arrow Electronics knows its target market. The company is a leading global distributor of electronic components and computer products,...