Bigelow Aerospace, the world leader in developing a privately funded manned space station, is seeking a bright, self-motivated embedded firmware engineer specializing in avionics design and development. The successful candidate will be expected to display strong skills in physics, mathematics, technical documentation & verbal communication as well as proven experience coding in C/C++. Special consideration will be given to those applicants with strong Internet Protocol (IP) experience and a high interest in robotic or manned space programs. The engineer will also participate in integration of avionics devices, which includes device interface control implementation and low level protocol validation. Duties may also include supporting demonstration of avionics concepts, requirements definition and documentation, design and design documentation, implementation, defect resolution and qualification of spacecraft avionics.
The Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years experience developing avionics software.
- Experience in formal software/firmware development methodologies.
- Proven ability to design code and debug firmware in C/C++.
- Experienced in developing firmware for embedded microcontrollers and/or soft core processors
- Experience developing device drivers.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, and contribute to the implementation of the overall system design.
- Experience in data communications including RF, TCP/IP, 1553, RS485, RS422, RS232 and Spacewire.
- Working knowledge of electronic circuits.
- Experience using packet analysis technology such as Wireshark/TCPDump.
- Experience with development environments using Windows, Linux, and VxWorks.
- B.S. in Computers Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 Years experience in designing, implementing and debugging system control and data acquisition embedded firmware.
- Fluency in C and C++.
- U.S. Citizen
Bigelow Aerospace is the leading private company for space habitat destinations. Featured in articles in Popular Science, Wired, The...