Key Job Responsibilities/Expectations:
• Participate and contribute in product definition requirements related to embedded system design.
• Design, develop, test and integrate hardware and software control functionality using microcontrollers
• Work closely with hardware team in developing next generation Electrical/RF products
• Participate in design reviews
• Other duties as assigned
Skills Requirements: The experience and skills required include but are not limited to the following:
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Five to ten years’ experience in developing embedded platforms. Experience with the Design and development of ELT(Emergency Locator Transmitter) /EPIRB(Emergency Position-Indicating Radio Beacons) and Beacons preferred.
• Proficiency in C/C++ in an embedded environment
• Knowledge of development tools such as compilers, debuggers and others.
• Experience in hardware interface (USB, UART, SPI, I2C), firmware development and debug, and testing using PIC, AVR, microcontrollers is strongly desired
• Familiarity ALTIUM to perform schematic capture and PCB layout is preferred
• Familiarity with wireless design technologies is a plus.
• Should have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills in English
• Must have the right to work in the USA
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Astronics Corporation - 10 months ago