Intrinsyc provides software solutions that enable next-generation handheld products, including mobile handsets, smart phones, and embedded devices. Intrinsyc’s award winning Device Development Solutions team helps device makers, and silicon vendors deliver compelling mobile products with faster time-to-market and higher quality. Intrinsyc was the lead system integrator for the Barnes & Noble Nook eReader devices, which was the embedded industry’s first non-Phone Android device. We are development experts in Windows Embedded CE, Symbian, Windows Mobile, Android, QNX, and Linux based technologies.
Job ID: US_5
Location: Bellevue, Washington, USA
Position Type: Engineering
Intrinsyc is currently seeking Embedded Software Engineers specialized in Windows CE development. In this role you will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging, testing and documenting BSPs developing on WinCE for connected devices.
Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed with a new team quickly. Good analytical, problem solving, and communication skills are essential as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
We will consider both salaried and contract based candidates.
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and implementation of BSPs.
- Participate on development teams for projects typically lasting 3 to 6 months.
- Provide technical opinions and advice; flag and resolve issues and risks; and provide mentoring to junior project members.
- Work on customer sites as required (some international travel may be required)
- Interact with Intrinsyc customer to support devices and device embedded OS functions.
- Debug and isolate problems.
- Carry out other related tasks and projects as required.
- Minimum 5+ years in C/C++ embedded development.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in BSP development for WinCE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience with Microsoft Auto is definitely an asset
- Strong individual initiative and resourcefulness
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, open source projects and collaborative development
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects, across multiple sites and multiple time zones
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and leadership skills