Embededded Firmware Architect
As a part of the NSG FW Architecture community, you will provide the primary leadership for evolving the FW Architecture for Intel’s SSDs. You will partner with silicon design, architecture and product planning teams and provide leadership to a team of FW architects to define future architectural vision. Including FW structures and plans for modular IP development. The successful candidate brings structured SW/FW architecture and design methods and experience to our FW architecture to evolve the FW architecture for future programs. Through various quantitative and qualitative means, you will analyze existing architectures and implementation and develop a plan to improve modularity, extensibility, debuggability and maintainability.
- BSCS,CE or EE with 10-15 years experience OR
- MSCS, CE or EE with 5-10 years experience
- Strong background in structured SW/FW design techniques, (e.g. Object Oriented Design) for modularity, scalability, reuse and extensibility
- 8-10 years experience architecting, designing, implementing and debugging embedded FW: C programming, RTOS, real-time deadlines, event driven/transaction processing, thread/task scheduling.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to develop, guide and influence firmware/product architecture direction and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to work well and provide technical leadership in a diverse team environment and in cross-site organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise in embedded firmware concepts including task switching, deadlocks, and resource management and support teams in analyzing issues, diagnosing root cause, and applying corrective actions.
- Demonstrated solid oral and written skills with strong influencing capacities.
- Demonstrated experience with storage interface standards such as SATA, SAS, PCIe, or Fiber Channel.
- Experience with FPGA and ASIC HW design, including bring-up of new hardware, boot loader and code update.
- Experience with NAND memory in SSD system
- Demonstrate experience optimizing firmware/software to meet performance metrics, and system-level debugging skills, including the use of protocol analyzers.
- Windows and Linux driver experience a plus.
Feb 18, 2014
The Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group is a worldwide organization that delivers NAND flash memory products for use in Solid State Drives (SSDs), portable memory storage devices, digital camera memory cards, and other devices. The group is responsible for NVM technology design and development, complete Solid State Drive (SSD) system hardware and firmware development, as well as wafer and SSD manufacturing.
You will help lead an exciting/dynamic Software / FW organization developing Software and Firmware in support of Intel's SDD business. Help us shape the future of storage firmware development.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Position of Trust
This role is a Position of Trust. Should you accept this position, you must consent to and pass an extended Background Investigation, which includes (subject to country law), extended education, SEC sanctions, and additional criminal and civil checks. For internals, this investigation may or may not be completed prior to starting the position. For additional questions, please contact your Talent Consultant.
Intel - 5 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...