Emergency Management / Disaster Response (EM/DR) Program Manager (Job Number: 325552)
The Mission Support Group within SAIC* is accepting resumes for an Emergency Management / Disaster Response (EM/DR) Program Manager to supervise and provide EM/DR technical assistance to a Government agency to ensure continuation of critical missions in the event of natural disaster, enemy/terrorist actions or other events that disrupt normal operations.
- The National Security Sector of SAIC to become: Leidos
Portions of SAIC to be renamed Leidos, Inc., subject to stockholder approval and consummation of a separation transaction, if approved by SAIC’s Board of Directors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage the SAIC CMAP team, prepare Monthly Status Reports and provide EM/DR technical guidance to the CMAP team in the performance of their responsibilities related to:
- Policy, Liaison & Exercise Development
- Operations and Readiness
- IT/Comms – Supporting both daily operations, exercises, and Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Disaster Management
- Devolution/reconstitution of critical mission capabilities
- Facilities Management – Planning and sustainment of alternate facilities and resources following disaster or other events preventing the continuation of operations at primary locations.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 5 years’ experience providing Emergency Management-related management support to an Intelligence Community (IC) agency in several of the following areas to ensure breadth of experience to lead this effort:
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Continuity of Government (COG). Demonstrated experience with Continuity of Government and Enduring Constitutional Government policies and operations
- Emergency and Disaster Management (EM/DR) Operations
- Developing, coordinating producing, and implementing Continuity policy procedures and guidance
- Developing and providing products that support the Federal Executive Branch national continuity requirements outlined in NSPD-51/HSPD-20.
- Proposing and drafting implementation policy and procedures in both the emergency preparedness and continuity fields.
- Developing, maintaining, and coordinating E&MD and continuity plans, procedures, and SOPs which support implementation of continuity and E&MD preparedness policy.
- Supporting the continuity response elements during emergencies, National Special Security Events, and exercises to include managing emergency response team rosters, and emergency notifications tools (e.g., Dialogic).
- Supporting responses to national emergencies by administering and facilitating response team operations.
- Participation in IC and National Emergency Preparedness Exercises
- Developing, conducting, and evaluating continuity exercises and associated corrective action plans.
- Operations/management/maintenance of continuity and EM/DR IT and/or communications capabilities throughout IC and the national continuity community.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining survivable, secure IT/communications capabilities associated with the National Communications System (NCS).
- Familiarity with NCSD 3-10 requirements, planning, testing and reporting.
- Experience planning, assessing, evaluating, managing Disaster Recovery (DR) plans, policies and operations
- Experience developing and delivering training programs in support of emergency preparedness and continuity programs.
- Experience supporting inter/intra agency coordination of continuity and/or EM/DR planning.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: The following are highly desirable:
- Experience managing an SAIC program of similar scope/size
- College or advanced degree (BA/BS/MA/MS)
- Associate certification in a related field of study
- Experience conducting Critical Infrastructure/Key Resource studies, to include risk assessments, across the breadth of National critical infrastructure sectors to include, but not limited to, Defense Industrial Base, Energy, National Monuments and Icons, Banking and Finance, Drinking Water and Water Treatment Systems, Emergency Services, Information Technology Telecommunications, Transportation Systems and Government Facilities.
- Program Management training and certifications -- e.g. Program Management Professional (PMP), Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAIWA), etc.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Apr 24, 2013, 11:27:48 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-STERLING
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Yes, 10% of the time
SAIC - 15 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...