Emergency Management Planner I - Temporary Solutions
North Carolina Office of State Personnel - North Carolina
Full-time, Temporary

This job posting is no longer available on North Carolina Office of State Human Resources. Find similar jobs:Emergency Management Planner jobs

This position is located in the NC Emergency Management Recovery Section, assigns tasks and establishes priorities for staff members located at the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC). Provides clear direction, assignments, and guidelines to effectively structure and organize work activities. Interact and coordinate with representatives from various local, state and federal agencies located in the DRC. Oversee implementation of Individuals and Households Program (IHP) policy and procedures, and utilize the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) program software as required. Arrange logistical support for the DRC, including accountability, acquisition and maintenance of equipment and supplies. Operate in compliance with state and federal rules and regulations. Prepare written reports, summaries of daily activities, and data and other statistics. Ability to work under stressful conditions and with disaster individuals. Maintains safeguards to protect the confidentiality of applicant information. Has the ability to plan and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while working with minimal supervision. Be able to work and concentrate in an open area environment at the center. Coordinate and prepare for visits by media and VIPs. Position requires deployment to disaster areas for extended periods and overnight travel, may require twelve (12) hours shift work, weekend/holiday duty and excessive overtime during recovery periods. DRC will be located outside the Raleigh area. May be cross-trained in other Recovery programs; Individual Assistance, Public Assistance and Community Relations. Perform other duties as assigned.Some of the services that are provided at the DRC are: Guidance regarding disaster recovery, housing assistance and rental resource information, resolution to problems and referrals to agencies that may provide further assistance, status of applications processed by FEMA, Small Business Administration (SBA) program information if there is a SBA representative at the DRC.
Alexander, Alleghany, Ashe, Avery, Buncome, Burke, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Cherokee, Clay, Cleveland, Gaston, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Iredell, Jackson, Lincoln, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mecklenburg, Mitchell, Polk, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanley, Swain, Transylvania, Union, Watauga, Wilkes, Yancey.
CENTRAL BRANCH: Alamance, Anson, Caswell, Chatham, Davidson, Davie, Durham, Edgecombe, Franklin, Forsyth, Granville, Guilford, Halifax, Harnett, Johnston, Lee, Montgomery, Moore, Nash, Northampton, Orange, Person, Randol
f, Richmond, Rockingham, Scotland, Stokes, Surry, Vance, Wake, Warren, Wilson, Yadkin EASTERN BRANCH: Bertie, Beaufort, Bladen, Brunswick, Camden, Carteret, Chowan, Columbus, Craven, Cumberland, Currituck, Dare, Duplin, Gates, Greene, Hertford, Hoke, Hyde, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, New Hanover, Onslow, Pamlico, Pasquotank, Pender, Perquimans, Pitt, Robeson, Sampson, Tyrrell, Washington Wayne.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies:

Knowledge of federal grants administration; good ability to interpret federal and state program policies; and strong work management and organizational skills to handle tight deadlines. Requires working with local, state and federal government officials both orally and in writing. Knowledge of emergency and disaster management protocols and infrastructure recovery project management is desirable.

Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:

Graduation from a four-year college or university and two years of specialized emergency management planning, research, analysis, community services or emergency services experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Minimum training and experience for trainee appointment - Graduation from a four-year college or university; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Degrees must be received from appropriately accredited universities.