Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Administer first aid and life support when necessary.
- Report accidents and incidents in both written and verbal form.
- Perform routine duties of a uniformed security officer.
- Escorting cash, chips, and tokens throughout the casino.
- Assist with boarding and ID checks.
- Assist uniformed officers when necessary.
- Assist with jackpots and fills.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
Something to leave you with:
- Candidates will be a Licensed Missouri EMT with six months related experience and/or training
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job