Performs direct patient care under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
Fulfills departmental responsibilities that foster the goals of the hospital’s mission and vision statements.
Patient Care: Demonstrates ability to provide basic activities of daily living (ADLs).
Observes, reports and documents changes in body function, behavior, routines, vital signs, intake and output (includes estimation of food in weights.
Communication- uses proper telephone etiquette, uses appropriate chain of command, appropriately communicates patient care needs, and effectively administers handoff communication.
Demonstrates appropriate transfer and ambulation Techniques keeping in mind patient safety at all times:
Hoyer Lift, 2-Person Transfer, Slide Board,Wheelchair, Cane, Walker/Crutches.
Demonstrates proper positioning and turning technique:
Fowler’s, lateral, supine/prone, use of draw sheets, up in chair.
Identifies patients at risk for skin breakdown and initiates preventive measures in collaboration with the licensed nurse;
Recognizes patients at risk for falls and takes appropriate precautions.
Recognizes patient discomfort and respon/reports promptly to licensed nurse.
Bowel and Bladder (Elimination): effective and safe use of bedpan/urinal & fracture pan, bedside commode; Foley catheter care; enemas: TapFleets,soap
suds; and colostomy care (emptying, recording and hygiene).
Restraint monitoring and documentation as per hospital policy.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Certification as a Nurse Assistant or Medical Assistant preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
HCA Inc - 17 months ago