Emergency Room Technician - Pipeline
Job ID: 27683
City: St. Paul, MN
Location: RH - Regions Hospital & Clinics
Position Type: On Call
Anticipated Work Schedule: Minimum of 3 shifts / month
Shift: Per diem
Hrs/Pay Period: 0
As an Emergency Room Technician, you will perform delegated patient care functions within the Emergency Department to include:
* Assists nursing staff with patient room placement, transfers and discharges on a consistent basis
* Assists patients with ADL's including wound cleansing, bathing, skin care, feeding, positioning, and assisting with transfers and ambulations
* Assists patient with bowel and bladder elimination
* Collect routine patient specimens
* Responds to patient call lights and requests promptly
* Accompanies patients to procedures off the unit as directed
* Observes & accurately documents mental health patient security checks as applicable
High school degree or equivalent required. Current unexpired BLS for Healthcare Providers or CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification required. And one of the following:
Graduate from an accredited nursing assistant program and/or Emergency Medical Technician training program and/or Emergency Room Technician training program, certification preferred.
Experience in an acute care or long term care setting as a NA (2 years at a minimum of 0.5 FTE) and/or past work experience as an ERT (2 years at a minimum of 0.5 FTE)
Volunteer experience in an Emergency Department may be considered in place of paid work experience.
This is for future openings.
Regions Hospital - 11 months ago