Employee Relations Manager II - Human Resources
Grow with us as an Employee Relations Manager in one of our state-of-the-art plant facilities in Rossville, TN. Lead with us as this opportunity enables you to leverage your experience, skills, and leadership abilities and foster growth in a world-class organization. You will work hand in hand with the Human Resources Manager and will participate in developing, recommending and implementing employee relations programs. We invite you to be a part of the united values and collaborative culture at Kellogg!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Employee Relations Manager at Kellogg, you will contribute to the success of our organization by:
• Planning, developing and implementing human resources activities/services in accordance with Corporate and Bakery policies, objectives and goals; serving as an advisor to management on matters relating to employees.
• Coordinating community involvement activities (i.e. United Way etc.).
• Coordinating employee relations activities.
• Directly supervising Plant Crew Scheduler to ensure the HRIS is kept up to date so that production schedules are correct and employees are properly paid and to ensure attendance reprimands are issued in a timely and proper fashion.
• Assisting with implementation of corporate and local policies and procedures.
• Providing technical guidance and expertise to management personnel regarding policies, procedures and problems affecting employee relations. Acting as Assistant Human Resources Manager in the absence of the Human Resources Manager.
• Assisting in administration of Company policies and procedures, including the disciplinary action program. Maintaining disciplinary action database.
• Responsible for labor relations functions and maintaining necessary activities that promote the proper Union/Management relations
• Ensuring legal and policy compliance for all issues pertaining to employee and labor relations.
• Providing timely communication to Supervisors and union personnel regarding new initiatives and policies, including relevant regulatory updates. Working closely with managers and supervisors to monitor and communicate all phases of employment related issues, contractual interpretations, labor relations issues, and past practices. Providing direction and assistance to Human Resources professionals regarding labor and human resources matters.
• Ensuring adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes. Ensuring achievement of all area / shift KPIs; ensure adherence to and continuous improvement of all area / shift continuous improvement elements.
• Managing the development, interpretation and application of company policies, and procedures, labor relations, contract administration, grievance handling, employee counseling, and discipline.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Human Resources, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (or other business-related field)
• Strong positive employee relations skills, problem solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent negotiation, communication, interpersonal skills, organization and analytical capabilities
• Professional HR Certification desired
• Strong computer skills and intermediate experience with Microsoft Office programs
• Self-motivated, proactive, and results oriented
• Flexibility in working hours as the role will involve travel, and shift and weekend work is sometimes a requirement.
• Master’s Degree and/or Professional HR certification
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This role is primarily a day shift, Incumbent must be able to work extended hours/days up to and including all 3 shifts when necessary, however this is primarily a day shift
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Kellogg Company - 21 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....