Goodwill-Easter Seals is seeking a motivated and passionate individual to assist MFIP recipients with a criminal record develop job seeking skills and find and retain employment. The Employment Support Consultant – Moving Forward Project position focuses on providing individualized support to address barriers to employment, stability, and self-sufficiency.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conducting intake appointments and ongoing meetings with participants to assess employment interests and develop an individualized, participant-driven plan to find employment
- Supporting participants’ employability by identifying training and educational needs and opportunities, helping develop and enhance soft skills, and assisting with resumes and job applications
- Job development to include direct outreach to employers and attendance at job fairs and related events
- Assist with addressing social support needs to help achieve employment readiness and retention
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field and two years of relevant experience.
- Associate’s Degree in related Human Services or related field and three years relevant experience.
- Five years relevant experience
Special Skills or Knowledge:
- Interest and ability to work with individuals with a criminal record
- Adaptive and open to change and flexibility within job
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to successfully manage a case load
- Knowledge of data privacy requirements and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software and the ability to accurately enter data into computer-based systems.
- Valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and good driving record. Provide declaration page of auto policy as proof of current vehicle insurance with a minimum of $300,000 combined limit or $250,000/$500,000/$100,000 split limits for bodily injury and property damage coverage
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
Goodwill Industries, Inc/Easter Seals Minnesota will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status with regard to public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
Goodwill - Easter Seals Minnesota - 30+ days ago