POSITION SUMMARY: Assist Development & Communications team with deliverables for ongoing and short term projects. Organizes and prepares documents and proposals. Collects, compiles, maintains, and analyzes data and documents relevant to the project. Provides monitoring, evaluation, reporting and records maintenance that support assigned projects. Provides general support for the administration of projects. Support areas may change from time to time.
1. Prepare documents and administer mail, email, and online communication pieces.
2. Maintain files and update records in database.
3. Update all reports to prepare team members for significant monthly and quarterly meetings.
4. Implement functions to assist supervisor in the success and achievement of overall goals for projects.
5. Conduct research using online tools.
6. Maintain updated and accurate mailing lists for a variety of functions and ensure information is maintained in the database.
7. Coordinate all details for departmental events and ensure successful execution.
8. Coordinate with management and staff and interact with vendors.
9. Coordinate details for Project HOPE’s participation in local community events and festivals
10. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating meetings and travel arrangements for team members; preparing and submitting all approval forms and reservations; membership registrations and renewals; conference and seminar registrations etc.
11. Arrange catering and lodging for meetings and campus guests.
12. Responsible for general filing, logging and labeling documents and correspondence to assure retention and access to information
13. Track expenditures and general office accounting, including “Expensable” reports on behalf of team members.
14. Manage one of the departmental credit cards
15. Monitor and order departmental office supplies
16. Track and order Project HOPE promotional items.
17. Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Three years of work experience in an administrative capacity. Development, marketing, and non-profit experience preferred.
2. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3. Two years of experience in database management
4. Excellent grammar with advanced composition and verbal communications skills.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop positive relationships quickly and work in a team atmosphere
6. Ability to work well under pressure, and to respond flexibly and resourcefully to workload fluctuations, demonstrating initiative and problem solving skills
7. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to communicate and apply project applications.
8. Proficient in using the Internet for research.
9. Demonstrated experience in planning and organization; able to handle multiple tasks or projects of high priority in a professional and efficient manner.
10. Able to work independently with minimal supervision
11. Demonstrate motivational skills, professional maturity, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
12. Advanced skills in Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, stand for long periods and climb stairs.
Work environment: (Example) Typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Proven ability to work under pressure and maintain a “sense of balance”.
Occasional overtime required.
Attention to detail with good organizational, communication, and people skills.
Minimal travel may be required for training purposes.
Since 1958, Project HOPE has worked to make health care available for people around the globe. We are committed to long-term sustainable...