Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins...
In this position, you will provide analytical and administrative support to the Recruitment team and hiring departments in the area of employment and on-boarding. Responsible for maintaining strong relationships with business partners to achieve positive and effective outcomes in support of university and departmental business objectives.
IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS:
- strong interpersonal and written communications skills
- minimum of 2 years professional Human Resources/Employment experience;
- knowledge of PeopleSoft HRMS
Additional Summary Specific to Job
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Relies on knowledge of UTHealth position requirements, available background verification information and sound judgment to make final determination of work authorization for all new hires and transfers.
2. Acts as the primary resource for the Recruitment Team and hiring managers when determining work authorization for all new hires and transfers.
3. As notified by The Office of Sponsored Projects, identify all employees being paid from the applicable contracts and accurately processes work authorizations through Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify system.
4. For any nonconformance notices received from the E-Verify system, work with the contract's Principle Investigator/Administrator to ensure proper notifications are provided to the employee and assist in resolution of the E-Verify case.
5. Assists the team with entry of employee records into Human Capital Management System (HCMS), after employment clearances are analyzed and new hires are approved for employment.
6. Runs monthly queries and creates quality checks for data entered by HR Assistants into the HCMS and other HR employment technology.
7. Coordinates the prior state service verification process and responds to agency and employee inquiries.
8. Reviews and recommends updates to university employment related policies to reflect current Federal, State and UT System laws, regulations, policies and practices.
9. Analyzes and makes recommendations for process improvement for all on-boarding activities.
10. Performs audits of employment processes and recommends corrective action as appropriate.
11. Reviews training programs and visitor notifications and determines clearance process and requirements.
12. Ensures employment practices are in compliance with University, State, and Federal guidelines and regulations
13. Compiles employment data for use in reports, statistical analyses, presentations etc.. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in HR, business administration or related field and (2) years of related human resources experience
(6) years of related human resources experience
Bachelors Degree and PeopleSoft experience strongly preferred. E-Verify experience a plus.
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 16 months ago