As a member of the regional sales team, the Endocrinology Clinical Science Specialist (CSS) will be responsible for the sales of Increlex, Somatuline Depot and other products as they become available, to clinicians in his/her area of responsibility. The CSS will sell the values, features and benefits of Ipsen and its products to customers within the assigned territory which includes all NYC boroughs, Long Island, and small part of NJ.
The CSS develops a targeted, customer/account specific business plan based on their knowledge of regional/local marketplace. This strategic plan should reflect their analyses and knowledge of sales, market and customer data. Meet and/or exceed all sales goals and objectives. Establish and maintain rapport with key customers. Command a thorough clinical knowledge of the product(s) and the disease state(s) which surround it/them. Routinely communicate field intelligence across the organization as appropriate. Represent Ipsen products at national, regional, local conferences as directed. Assist the Managed Markets team with the education of the payor market as appropriate. Comply with all company policies and procedures, with an emphasis on high moral and ethical sales standards.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Intimate knowledge and ability to articulate key information regarding disease, market and product knowledge.
- Develop a targeted, customer/account specific business plan based on their knowledge of regional/local marketplace.
- Generation of Increlex and Somatuline Depot sales (and other products as made available)
- Build relationships of trust with all customers, especially those identified as key opinion leaders.
- Analysis and management of regional payor market to secure adequate reimbursement for patients, while working with internal resources.
- Create, update and execute territory business strategies and plans.
- Facilitate communication across all company groups.
- Liaise with internal and external customers and accounts.
- Effective resource utilization.
- Compliance with all company policies and guidelines.
BioSpace.com - 20 months ago