Performs a variety of technical and patient care-related activities to assist physicians and nursing staff. Assists physicians and RNs with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, including the set-up, testing and operation of appropriate equipment. Prepares tissue samples for pathology; maintains and cleans endoscopes and other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Nursing Assistant, Clinical Technician training program or LPN program.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive unit-based competency program.
- Requires IV insertion/phlebotomy training and Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS).
- Must have unit certification required to assist with endoscopic procedures independently.
- One year of patient care experience in an acute care setting is preferred.
- Ability to follow established protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to function within guidelines and follow established protocols.
- Must be able to set priorities and work under stressful conditions.
- Above-average manual dexterity required to operate medical equipment used in endoscopic procedures.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Endoscopy, Scope, Gastrointestinal, Lower GI, Upper GI, Intestine, Gastroenterology, Tech, Technologist, Technician, Nurse's Aide, Nurse Assistant, Nursing Assistant, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, NA, Patient Care Technician, PCT, CHHA, HHA, Home Health Aide, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, Certified Medical Assistant, Registered Medical Assistant
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...