Endovascular Clinical Specialist for N. Cal (Reno, Sacramento & Bay Area, CA)
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
The Clinical Specialist promotes Abbott Vascular products through education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines.Travel required 50-75%.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of procedural coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products.
2. Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products, keep all customers abreast of the latest products, therapies, technology developments and items of interest in the industry. This is accomplished by providing customers with presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g. collateral materials, Continuing Education Units (CEU’s, manuals)
3. Performs clinical and library research and participates in case reviews and clinical observation by working with physicians and/or lab staff.
4. Attends clinical procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to assure customer and patient success with Abbott Vascular products.
5. Meets with existing and potential customers (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) to identify their clinical needs, goals and requirements related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how Abbott Vascular products can help them to achieve their objectives.
6. Develops and maintains relationships with hospital personnel (in accordance with Abbott Vascular Code of Conduct policies) to make new contacts in other departments within the hospitals and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
7. Responds to customer needs and reports customer complaints regarding products and service by developing and/or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to provide optimal solutions.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
Position reports directly to Regional Manager.
Prior experience/knowledge in medical devices preferred.1-2 yrs clinical experience in cardiovascular/interventional business, growth and mature business, as well as multiple product businesses preferred. Travel required 50-75%.
1-2 years of related work experience, medical industry preferred. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous standing for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive houres in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
USA-California-Sacramento, USA-California-San Francisco
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....