Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 70,000 people.
Primary Job Function
Meet or exceed sales revenue for assigned territory. Identify and evaluate potential market opportunities. Partner with Territory Manager to develop sales strategies and plans to achieve annual sales objectives. Coordinate activities with Territory Manager, Clinical Specialists, Business unit and Corporate Accounts. Navigate the hospital environment, influence buying decisions and negotiate contracts with customers. Keep the company informed about market dynamics and competitive activity. Responsible for inventory counts and consignment allocation. Supports Endovascular and Coronary businesses.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
2. Partners with the Territory Manager to develop and implement sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
3. Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Territory Manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
4. Identifies key accounts, health care professionals, and business issues that have greatest effect on use of company products by meeting with existing and potential customers to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient.
5. Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
6. Strengthens customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, VIP trips, orientations, launches, and updates).
7. Maintains clinical and technical expertise by attending company product training sessions.
Position Accountability / Scope
Partners with the Territory Manager to develop and implement sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physician.
1-2 years of work experience, medical industry preferred , or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Prior experience/knowledge of medical devices, preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Prior experience/knowledge of medical devices, preferred
No relocation assistance offered.
- Actively engage in clinical, procedural and technical discussions, linking data outcomes to key messaging
- Proven track record, consistent achievement of sales plan
- Ability to leverage strong relationships with customers
- Customer orientation and proven selling/negotiation skills
- Account management-ability to build customer strategies and call plans
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Proven track record of success and consistent performance over time; progression over time
- Business and financial acumen
Significant Work Activities and Conditions
Continuous standing for prolonged periods ( more than 2 consecutive houres in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment
Yes, 75 % of the Time
Abbott Laboratories - 18 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....