Lead Senior Consultant
SunGard Consulting Services is a business and information technology consulting firm specializing in project management, enterprise integration, custom development, and business intelligence. We utilize our deep knowledge within the energy/utility and financial services industries, technology capabilities, and proven project management and systems development methodology to help organizations solve business problems and improve operational performance.
SunGard Consulting Services is an operational unit of SunGard. With annual revenue of more than $5 billion, SunGard is a global leader in software and processing solutions for the financial services, higher education, energy trading and public sector. SunGard serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 50 countries, including the world’s 50 largest financial services organizations. SunGard’s combination of industry leading consulting services and software solutions provide distinct advantages to customers that are not available from our competition and limitless career opportunities for our over 25,000 team members around the world.
Lead Senior Consultants are responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise to our clients and staff. They are also responsible for leading teams of developers through the application development process and serve as mentors to Consultants.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
Lead a small team (at least 3 people)
Participate in at least 3-4 phases of the development life cycle and the general activities associated with those phases.
Understand the inter-dependencies between each of the development life cycle phases
Provide input to the project manager when he/she is developing the project plan
Competent in at least three development languages or toolset or expert in one or two development language.
Be able to code modules from loosely defined specifications
Be able to review and provide feedback on functional and technical documents/deliverables created by other team members
Be able to create requirements documents, design documents, test plans/cases, conceptual data models and effective SQL statements
Serve as backup for project manager in his/her absence
Propose suggestions to make the project more productive or successful to project management in a tactful manner.
Demonstrate a familiarity with Reengineering/Change acceleration tools and techniques, Performance metrics, scorecards, dashboards, creative problem solving techniques
Have demonstrated a detailed knowledge of and/or the ability to lead in the following concepts/skills:
Effective facilitation techniques
Process Mapping (current and future state)
Development of data flow diagrams (current and future state)
Bachelor's Degree in a technology-related field, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
SunGard is one of the world's leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 20,000 employees and serves more than 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of approximately $5 billion, SunGard is ranked 434 on the Fortune 500 and is the largest privately held business software and IT services company. Look for us wherever the mission is critical. For more information, please visit www.sungard.com. SunGard Global Consulting Services helps financial services and energy companies solve business problems by managing their complex technology and operational needs. Focused on large scale data and process management, custom application development and systems integration; we combine business and technology consulting and managed services to deliver innovative custom solutions. We help our customers capitalize on and manage the consequences of business, technology and regulatory change. For more information, visit us at www.sungard.com/globalservices/learnmore.
- 8+ years experience, prior consulting environment expereince similar to SGS and deep knowledge of Endur and other ETRM systems
- Ideal candidate will possess a strong and established track record in delivery of technology solutions for large, complex, long-term engagements. Candidates who fit this profile will most likely be found in the Top Tier large, established consulting companies
- Strong grasp and experience within Energy trading, utility business and financial services domains
- Knowledge of some of the Technology frameworks to help develop solutions - .Net/Java, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Integration and AVS, JVS as well as system integration experience
- Experience with hands on Endur development and/or Endur architecture, experience with Endur system upgrades (V. 8 or above), experience with Endur migration
- Experience with ETRM systems; specifically Endur
- Experience Interfacing directly with key business stakeholders, business analysts, and suppliers
- Experience leading onshore and offshore development teams, application support teams
- Experience gathering functional requirements, technical specs and subsequent estimating efforts, user testing and acceptance
- Hands-on knowledge around features, development in AVS/JVS, configuration, implementation and best practices for ETRM, specifically for Openlink Endur.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, particularly with highly diverse teams.
- Deep knowledge of Information Systems/Business Consulting Methodologies.
- Developing Senior Executive Presence – Possess an interest and passion towards engaging the imagination of Senior Level (i.e. CEO, CIO, COO) executives in grasping and enabling the fundamentals of business change through consulting solutions.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and facilitation skills.
- Network of contacts and relationships.
- Creative, enthusiastic and able to thrive in a team environment.
- Prince 2 or PMP certification a big plus
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 15 months ago