Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is seeking an Energy Advisor/Air Sealing Technician for its Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program in southern Illinois who will conduct comprehensive residential energy assessments to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, complete direct install components and perform comprehensive air sealing during the site visit, and produce accurate customer energy reports. This advisor will be based in a home office and need to cover the Ameren Illinois service territory in southern Illinois, but will be required to report to the office several times per quarter. Ideal location is in the area of Marion, Mt. Vernon, Carbondale or within a reasonable daily drive of these areas.
- Conduct home energy assessments which will require entering residential attics, basements and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; interacting with homeowners; and generating a computerized report to the customer. CSG will provide equipment and training. Home energy assessments include:
- Performing blower door tests to establish air tightness
- Performing combustion safety tests, as needed
- Determining insulation levels in both attics and walls
- Visual checks of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts,
- Visual checks of windows and weather-stripping
- Using an infrared camera in the course of the evaluation
- Completing an energy use data collection form to capture home data
- Data entry into laptop based computer modeling software
- Review and explain energy modeling output to homeowners
- Encourage homeowners to undertake specific energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy assessment
- Explain incentives, loans, and tax credits that may be available for energy efficiency improvements
- Educate customers on other Ameren Illinois efficiency programs
- Perform comprehensive air sealing in attics and other areas of a home.
- Locate air leaks in the building envelope using a blower door
- Seal air leaks with a variety of materials including spray foam, rigid insulation, caulking, sealant, weather-stripping, etc.
- Assess need for additional air sealing by a contractor
- Calculate Building Airflow Standard to ensure sufficient ventilation
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Experience in residential energy conservation with BPI certification, residential construction, or a related field, and enthusiasm for energy conservation is a key attribute for this position.
- A successful applicant will be required to achieve BPI certification within six months of hire, if not already attained.
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal, sales, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to call on customers some evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to lift thirty-five pounds (35lbs) and the physical ability to inspect tight areas, attics, crawl spaces, hatch doors, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule and ability to travel to customer homes daily required.
- Candidate must have access to reliable transportation.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer