Conservation Services Group (CSG) is the leading provider of residential energy efficiency programs in North America. CSG has helped Americans make smart energy use decisions an important part of the way they live and work since 1984. The company designs, develops, and delivers innovative, results-driven programs. CSG employees are committed to a mission of delivering these comprehensive programs to help people use energy more wisely. Energy efficiency and renewable energy are our sole business, not one of a hundred departments in a large corporation. CSG provides proven expertise to utilities, state agencies, trade allies and homeowners, tenants, and property owners seeking to improve home durability, safety, air quality and comfort while saving money. We bring creativity and commitment to our goals of championing the development and use of safe, clean energy.
People who work at CSG say that it's a unique kind of organization — one that nurtures individual talents and inspires dedication. We share a commitment to our work and our mission. CSG has a collegial atmosphere, where people respect and encourage each other to help the environment and change the way our country uses energy. How about you; do you see yourself as a part of our team?
CSG is currently seeking an Energy Advisor for its Residential Energy Efficiency contract with TVA who will conduct residential energy assessments to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, complete recommendations for energy efficiency measures including insulation and air sealing upgrades and HVAC replacements and maintenance, and produce accurate customer energy reports. This is a field-based position located in the Jackson, TN area.
Home energy evaluations include:
- Determining insulation levels in both attics and walls
- Conduct home energy evaluations/assessments which will require entering residential attics, basements and crawl spaces; climbing ladders; interacting with homeowners; and generating a computerized report to the customer. CSG will provide equipment and training.
- Visual checks of age and condition of HVAC equipment and ducts
- Visual checks of windows and weather-stripping
- Completing an energy use data collection form to capture home data
- Encourage homeowners to undertake specific energy saving measures recommended based on the home energy evaluation
- Explain incentives and/or loans, and tax credits for energy efficiency improvements that may be available.
- Educate customers on other TVA efficiency programs
- Experience in residential energy conservation, residential construction, or a related field, and enthusiasm for energy conservation is a key attribute for this position.
- Computer proficiency and experience with Microsoft programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Very good interpersonal, reporting, sales, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Availability to call on customers some evenings and Saturdays.
- Ability to lift thirty five pound (35lbs) and the physical ability to inspect tight areas, attics, crawl spaces, hatch doors, etc.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check
- These are full time positions although some flexibility of schedule is possible.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
CSG’s compensation package includes comprehensive medical coverage with BlueCross BlueShield Blue Care Elect PPO, dental coverage with Delta Dental PPO, and vision coverage with EyeMed Vision Care; Employer paid life and AD&D insurance and STD & LTD insurance coverage; Plus paid holidays, PTO, and employer matching 401(k) retirement plan.
Please apply online at: http://jobs-csg.icims.com
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Key Words: green jobs, energy efficiency, utility, conservation, BPI, LEED, weatherization, HVAC, clean energy, energy conservation, csg jobs, energy consulting, energy efficient, green energy, renewable energy
Conservation Services Group - 8 months ago