Energy Links Project in Central Asia: Long- and Short-Term Personnel
ECODIT is seeking short- and long-term personnel for an anticipated three-year USAID project to increase energy security in Central Asia by (1) increasing transparent regional energy trade, (2) improving the legal and regulatory framework and investment climate for the countries' energy sectors, (3) improving corporate governance, operations and commercialization of the energy companies, and (4) improving energy efficiency and demand side management. The Energy Links project will take place in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Tajikistan, the Kyrgyz Republic, and Turkmenistan are areas of particular focus. The anticipated period of performance is between 2014 and 2017.
We are seeking senior- and mid-level experts with the following qualifications:
- An advanced degree in a relevant field;
- Over 7 years’ international development experience in the energy sector (over 10 years’ experience is preferred);
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Experience working in the energy sector in Central Asia is a significant plus; and
- Russian language skills are preferred.
The following is an illustrative list of the types of experts we require.
- Experienced Chiefs of Party with the following qualifications:
- Over 10 years’ international development experience in the energy sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the four energy sector issues described above (energy trade, legal and regulatory frameworks and investment, utility governance and operations, and energy efficiency).
- Over 7 years’ proven experience in upper-level management of international development projects;
- Demonstrated experience rapidly assembling and managing teams that have the appropriate skills and experience to effectively execute identified tasks;
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills; and
- Experience managing USAID projects is a significant plus
- Energy Trade Specialists with technical experience facilitating cross-border trade of electricity in developing and Eastern European countries, including technical, institutional, political and commercial arrangements, and effective market mechanisms necessary for successful interconnection and trade of electricity across borders
- Energy Legal and Regulatory Specialists with experience providing high-level advice to developing country governments on energy sector regulation, restructuring, and reform; and experience providing technical assistance, capacity building, and training to government energy ministries
- Energy Finance and Investment Specialists with experience assessing the investment climate, attracting private investment in energy generation and energy efficiency, and facilitating public-private partnerships in the energy sector in developing countries
- Utility Governance and Operations Specialists with experience providing capacity building and technical assistance to utilities, energy service companies (ESCOs), and the private sector to improve operations and performance; and/or experience facilitating commercialization, privatization, and unbundling of energy utilities
- Energy Efficiency and Demand Side Management Specialists with technical experience in energy efficiency and demand side management in developing countries, including but not limited to energy management and demand side management best practices; district heating and municipal energy efficiency; benchmarking, auditing, and analytics; corporate energy efficiency strategies; and communications strategies and programs targeted to energy consumers
As part of your cover letter, please indicate if you are interested in a short-term position only, long-term position only, or both. Only select candidates will be contacted; no phone calls please.
ECODIT - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard