"Where Creating the Best Hope for a Healthier Future Begins"
Provides basic skilled work in the efficient and effective operation of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and related sub-systems.
Additional Summary Specific to Job
Come join an exciting opportunity with our Facilities Operations Department!
RECRUITING FOR (2) OPENINGS in various locations
- Ensures the proper operation and control of basic equipment and/or systems required to maintain a suitable thermal environment.
- Assists in the operation and control, through computer based facilities monitoring and energy management systems, of air handling units, pumps, compressed air systems, vacuum systems, water treatment equipment such as softeners, reverse osmosis systems, and emergency power systems.
- Assists in the troubleshooting and performing minor repairs, calibration, and adjustments to electronic, pneumatic and electrical control systems including variable speed drives.
- Conducts and/or assists in remedial/preventative maintenance projects as directed.
- Makes regular inspection rounds to check temperature, disposal systems, machinery, electrical systems, refrigeration lockers and rooms, and water systems.
- Required to carry a university communication device as assigned and respond to calls during normal business hours.
- This job classification is designated as "essential" at the UT Health Science Center at Houston. In case of an emergency, "essential" positions are those required to sustain clinical services and/or are responsible for the protection of university assets. Personnel in designated "essential" positions are expected to report to their designated work site during their appointed work schedules, even when the institution has been officially declared to be on "restricted access" or "closed" due to adverse conditions.
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of job-related experience. Houston City Second or Third Grade Stationary Engineer License. The certification/license must be current at the time of hire and maintained throughout the period of employment. Associated degree in technology or engineering preferred.
Fundamental knowledge of water delivery systems, pressure systems, boilers, heating/ventilation/air conditioning systems, electrical control panels, computerized control panels, fire and safety equipment, and refrigeration systems
UT Health Science Center at Houston - 2 years ago
Located in the prestigious Texas Medical Center, UTHealth is the most comprehensive academic health science institution in the Southwestern...