Burns & McDonnell has an immediate need for a Senior
Project Manager in the Chicago land Area.
Burns & McDonnell is a leading global engineering, and construction services company, that supports the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, civil infrastructure, power and industrial markets,
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Project Manager will be to lead a multi-discipline team on various power plant projects.
- Creates and enforces adherence to Company project management procedures, process, and tools.
- Manages a team of engineers and designers/drafters in the delivery of engineering projects
- Develop and manage budgets, schedules, and match with company resources. Define and allocate budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives for power plant engineering projects
- Executes the project management activities identified in the project schedule, and ensure that the scope, time and cost are properly balanced to avoid scope creep, project delays and excessive project cost.
- Participates in planning and executing organizational goals using strategic planning and sound management principles to accomplish project objectives and to maximize the output and efficiency of the team assigned for both domestic and international engineering projects.
- Lead EPC bidding efforts
- Lead the development of proposals and work scopes
- Conduct risk analysis and risk mitigation plans
- Ensure completion of the technical and detailed project deliverables
- Lead the development of all project plans: work-breakdown structure, activities, milestones, deliverables, schedule, resources and phasing of projects.
- Communicate project plan to senior management.
- Contract Management
- Part time business development
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Master in Business Administrations desirable
- Prefer a licensed P.E.
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated Power Plant engineering experience and 10 years of engineering management.
- Understanding of fossil fuel (coal, natural gas) Power Plant design process work flows.
- Basic understanding of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledgeable in operating, capital and expense budgeting procedures and understand various methods of budget control.
- Effective interpersonal, team building and participate management skills to motivate and develop subordinates with the ability to lead multi-functional teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of challenging situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Burns & McDonnell offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a ESOP Plan, 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, and a Credit Union. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Burns & McDonnell - 24 months ago
At Burns & McDonnell, we believe in the power of an entrepreneurial dream. It’s how we began, in 1898, when Clinton Burns and...