In addition to a resume, a cover letter is required for this position describing experience managing multiple assignments and clear demonstration of analytical capabilities.
To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload when requested through the online application process, referencing job #10700.
The general hiring range for this position is to $53,400 - based on education, qualifications, skills and abilities.
This position is responsible for providing assistance and support to all Energy Planning & Trading personnel, including preparation of correspondence, reports, resolutions, meeting minutes, purchase requisitions and filing maintenance. Develops and maintains web pages to market energy products. Supports Energy Planning & Trading personnel with data entry and internal website management. Assists department project managers with Contracts Management for capital and/or O&M projects. Performs energy scheduling activities such as tag creation, tag approval, pathing, and trade capture system scheduling, and assists the primary scheduler in meeting reliability standards, contractual requirements, and short and long term department goals.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability.
1. EF (45%) Administrative – Performs department’s administrative support activities, including purchase requisition preparation, tracking and receiving, filing system maintenance, mail distribution, office supply management, procurement card monitoring and reconciliation. Schedules meetings and coordinate training and/or travel arrangements. Provides training and assists in preparing Travel Authorizations, Cash Advances, Expense Reports and time entry as needed for department personnel. Prepares and edits resolutions and other documents for electronic submission to the Board, this includes developing PowerPoint presentations. Prepares and distributes meeting agendas, minutes, handouts and other materials.
2. EF (30%) Energy scheduling – Performs energy scheduling processes, tag creation, tag approval, pathing, and business system scheduling in a timely and accurate manner. Supports pre-scheduler with the end of day check out processes. Works closely with the main pre-scheduler to clearly understand and meet the requirements to ensure reliability standards, scheduling business practices, and contractual requirements.
3. SF (10%) Web page management – Develops and maintains web pages to market energy products. Updates web pages as needed, track and respond to inquiries from web site, work with internal staff to populate web pages with current contracts and data.
4. EF (15%) Contract management – Assists project managers from Energy Planning and Trading with contracts management for capital and O&M projects. Works closely with PCS and legal to ensure that contracts and District guidelines are being followed. Processes and maintains records of change orders and bidding contracts. Inputs and verifies accuracy for tracking payments of milestones and other contract changes.
5. EF (Ongoing) Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of college-level courses in accounting, and a Bachelor's degree (B. S., B. A.) from four-year college or university preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible administrative experience. Experience supporting an energy trading team or assisting in energy scheduling is desired.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Requires a highly motivated individual with strong organizational skills, proficient use of English grammar and accurate spelling skills, team player with strong interpersonal communication abilities, attention to detail, and strong analytical capabilities. Also requires strong problem-solving and logic skills. Must be able to balance energy trade schedule data, and identify and resolve data errors. Requires knowledge of energy scheduling support activities. Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines, record and document meeting proceedings, work independently without supervision, and communicate effectively and professionally with employees and outside agencies.
Must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Timekeeping/HR; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Word; Microsoft PowerPoint; SharePoint; general office equipment including computer, fax machine, copier, telephone system and calculator; and skills in OATI webTrader and webScheduler preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk, hear. The employee is frequently required to perform repetitive hand or arm motion. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/H/V