Join a growing global IT services company that is the leading service provider of business-to-business real-time information services across multiple vertical markets including trading, agriculture, environment, energy, and other market-data sensitive industries. Telvent DTN is part of Schneider Electric. |
Energy Trading Software Sales Representative
Schneider Electric/ DTN
Location: Flexible, Houston preferred
Schneider Electric is a global specialist in energy management. We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact the world. We commit to develop our people and make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green. Visit us online to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
DTN, a part of Schneider Electric, has an exciting opportunity for a motivated Energy Trading Sales Representative,with our Energy Trading team. The preferred location for this position is in Houston, TX.
Join a high performing sales team that is the leading service provider of business-to-business real-time information services across multiple vertical markets including trading, agriculture, energy, and other market-data sensitive industries. This role offers an excellent opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic, entrepreneurial-minded individual who has strong software sales experience and an interest in the energy market. This self-starting, proactive person will focus on selling products and services targeted at new customers in the commodity trading, energy market, and will report directly to the Vice President of Commodity Trading.
To be considered, submit your application to requisition 339 at
We are looking for Top Performing sales reps in the trading industry that have the following background and skills:
* Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Economics is required.
* Minimum 8 to 10 years sales experience, with a proven track record of developing opportunities and closing sales.
* Solid knowledge of the Energy and commodity markets and how they drive business and trading decisions.
* Enthusiasm for trading and the technology traders need to make highly profitable decisions
* Ability to identify, communicate, and understand the needs of a trader and guide the user into the products that best suit their needs
* Ability to identify, communicate, and understand the needs of companies hedging commodities or financial positions in the market, and guide the company into the products that best suit their needs.
* Self -motivated; excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
* Excellent communication, negotiation, follow-up, presentation, and account management skills will be necessary in order to achieve sales success in this position.
* Ability to manage day-to-day activities with little managerial supervision.
* Ability to multi-task in various Microsoft Windows and Web Based applications.
Care. Challenge. Connect. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what its like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We look for individuals driven by a desire to impact their communities and the world as a whole. We provide an innovative and dynamic work environment. We have a borderless human network. We commit to develop our people to achieve their personal and professional goals. Visit our website to learn more about a career at Schneider Electric.
Schneider Electric/ DTN, (a Schneider Electric brand) is the largest Agriculture media company with resources and abilities never seen before. We deliver the industrys leading producers through highly-targeted print, digital, video and mobile vehicles, as well as live events. Our commitment to the industry, dedication to delivering Ags pre-eminent business publication, and ongoing goal to grow our digital information services to meet the changing needs of todays producers and Agribusinesses, have provided us with a unique and positive position.
At Schneider Electric every employee has the power to take control over his or her career and to draw motivation from our shared talent mindset. Our comprehensive Total Employee Experience offer enables employees to manage their professional development and prepare for the next step in their career. This offer includes: a competitive health and wellness package, retirement plans, World Employee Share Ownership Plan, mentoring, internal and international mobility, technical, functional, individual and managerial development, and much more. Join Schneider Electric. Make the most of your energy.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions to make energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green across multiple market segments. The Group has leadership positions in energy and infrastructure, industrial processes, building automation, and data centres/networks, as well as a broad presence in residential applications. With 22.4 billion euros sales in 2011, the company's 130,000+ employees are committed to help individuals and organizations Make the most of their energy.
Telvent - 10 months ago