Summer Temporary &- Construction Management Intern
Engineering Systems Technician I
Hiring Salary Range $14.25 to $17.50/hour, DOQ
Position closes March 2, 2013
Denver Water proudly serves high-quality water and promotes its efficient use to 1.3 million people in the city of Denver and many surrounding suburbs. The organization is a responsible steward of the resources, assets and natural environment entrusted to us in order to provide a high-quality water supply, a resilient and reliable system, and excellent customer service.
Denver Water's Engineering Division is currently seeking undergraduate and graduate-level Engineering students for intern positions. This intern position will be for the months of May 2013 to August 2013 at 40+ hours per week.
The successful candidate will be able to perform the following duties:
* Perform inspections of construction work being performed by contractors. Prepare daily reports and attach photographic records that record personnel, equipment, weather, and work accomplished by contractors.
* Works at construction sites and must have good computer skills and ability to complete detailed construction reports. Review and maintain as-built drawings of work accomplished.
* Understand contracts and the roles of the general contractor, construction manager and inspection;& and resolve issues to ensure contract compliance.&
* Coordinates tests, valve shutouts, and work of others to obtain project objectives.
* Perform office duties including administration tasks, basic engineering calculations, develop draft reports and assessment evaluations, and other misc. tasks.
* Drives DW vehicle as part of duties and performs related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
* Ability to use, or learn to use, survey GPS equipment.
* Knowledge of computer principles, databases, files and basic hardware and software.
* Ability to perform software applications using programs such as Word, Excel, and Adobe.
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Ability to maintain effective working relationships with employees, the public and other private and public sector organizations.
Education Requirements: High School graduation and college level course work in an ABET accredited engineering program.
Experience Requirements: One year of experience in sub-professional engineering or office environment, or construction site OR any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Requirements: Must possess and maintain a valid Class ‘R' Colorado driver's license, and have a satisfactory driving record of no more than 6 points within the last 3 years of the date of appointment. Will be required to obtain a motor vehicle record if contacted for an interview.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a post-offer physical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. A background check will be conducted to verify information submitted on application. Candidates must submit a completed Denver Water application in order to be considered. Applications will be accepted until a sufficient number are received. Apply on-line by visiting www.denverwater.org/careers. Questions? Contact: Kathy.firstname.lastname@example.org, 1600 W. 12th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204-3412 EOE/MF.
Denver Water - 24 months ago