SDET/White box QA
thePlatform™ is a leading white-label video management and publishing company. Media companies rely on thePlatform as their open, central hub for managing, monetizing, and syndicating millions of professionally produced videos, generating billions of views annually. Customers include CBS College Sports, CNBC, Comcast, Fox Sports Network, NBC Local Media, PBS, Rogers, Travel Channel, Time Warner Cable, and numerous others.
As an SDET in our organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute to projects that change the way digital media is delivered to large-scale audiences. You will work closely with others in a small, cross-functional team to release Java-based services and web applications. You will also work closely with internal product engineering teams to leverage thePlatform's core services and technologies. This position offers an opportunity to learn a broad range of new coding skills, technology, and software development process.
- Writes and executes tests to validate products and software
and methodologies. Identifies viable test strategies in order to support
- Contributes to the development of Quality Assurance test philosophies
testing product functionality.
and technical requirements.
- Collaborates with product and development teams to identify product
validity in overall product design, with an emphasis towards product
- Reviews and verifies requirements and design specifications for
testability and verification.
test suites and scripts. Participates in design, code and functional
- Ensures proper execution of regression test procedures and automated
identify, reproduce and document bugs or defects.
- Works with other Quality Assurance Engineers or Software Engineers to
Assurance Engineers. Provides technical leadership and consultation with
- Assists in providing guidance and mentorship for junior-level Quality
regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Supports trials of new infrastructure designs/services.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Take ownership of the quality of the product being shipped.
- Represent QA in product design, functional requirements, acceptance criteria, and quality assessment.
- Create test plans based on functional specifications and knowledge of our customers.
- Use manual and automated testing techniques to ensure that UIs and integrated back-end services meet customer expectations for efficient, high quality releases.
- Report and track open defects through fix verification.
- Contribute new ideas to help enhance testing infrastructure and test suites or development productivity.
Extra Credit for
- At least two years web application testing experience and one year testing or developing integrated video web applications
- Expertise in traditional QA skills: test planning, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting
- HTTP testing and development experience using tools such as Firebug, Charles Proxy, Wireshark or Fiddler
- At least one year writing white box, functional test automation in Java, Groovy, C# or C++.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrable skills in building JUnit, JSUnit, QUnit, xUnit or TestNG.
- Experience with MySQL
- Exposure to SOA, REST-based web services and cloud architectures.
thePlatform is a great place to work - we consider our company to be one of the best-kept secrets in town! We take pride in our incredibly bright and driven employees who believe in the importance of having fun while being the best they can be. Our location in downtown Seattle means that the waterfront, biking trails, funky coffee shops and lunch restaurants are mere steps away from our office. We are determined to create an environment where our employees are valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated to provide our customers with the best digital media management services in the industry.
While we enjoy our dynamic work environment and fast-paced culture, we also believe in a healthy work/life balance and varied interests in life. At thePlatform, you will find many cycling enthusiasts, avid runners, passionate climbers and skiers who work hard and play hard - but no one plays as hard as our very own thePlatform soccer team! We have musicians, writers and artists who add a creative and colorful dimension to our enjoyment of the office life. We have true coffee aficionados who embody our city's coffee culture - not to mention bring wonderful morning aromas into our kitchen. We would love for you to bring your passions to our growing team!
This position will be filled at thePlatform headquarters in Seattle, WA. thePlatform offers competitive compensation and spectacular benefits typically seen only at very large organizations, including free cable, internet and an employee stock purchase plan, due to our company's association with Comcast. Please visit our Careers page to learn more about our culture and benefits.
Also, Like us on Facebook! We're cool - http://www.facebook.com/theplatform.people
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
Comcast is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug-Free workplace employer.
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast - 23 months ago