Posting Title Engagement Manager/Federal - Washington DC area About Us VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 500,000 enterprise and mid-market customers to thrive in the Cloud Era by simplifying, automating and transforming the way they build, deliver and consume IT. We enable people and organizations by radically simplifying IT through software virtualization with a focus on three core missions: End-User Computing (EUC), Hybrid Cloud and Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC). Join our community – instigators of innovation and transformers of technology – as we envision and create what’s next in IT. Get connected to an engine of opportunity fueled by the transformative products and solutions we bring to market, the passion and trust we inspire in our customers, and our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT. With 13,000+ employees and 50+ locations worldwide, we are passionately driven to make an impact while contributing back to the community. Learn more at vmware.com/careers today! Why work for our Division The global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services. Job Description As a VMware Engagement Manager, you will be managing customer billable projects to time, budget and contracted deliverables. These customers are Federal customers adopting VMware virtualization software across their data centers. You will serve as a project manager to ensure successful implementations that may cross geo, multiple customer locations, with diverse teams from cross functions as well as external partners. You may manage a number of projects concurrently depending upon project scope. Project manager will have a targeted utilization rate, building of best practices and managing to business processes.
- Manage and drive competing requests across simultaneous client engagements
- Identify, pull together, and drive project activities of teams from cross functional and partner sources
- Manage project to time, budget, and contracted deliverables (including planning, scheduling, milestone reviews, etc.)
- Manage project P&L to targeted margin results
- Drive project reviews for management and customers
- Ensure quality and time management processes are followed by team (e.g., change controls, time card submissions)
- Help to document best practices in developing and deploying VMware solutions
- Function as a frontline resource for “best practice” and informal customer questions
- Liaison with necessary teams within VMware to achieve above items
- At least 8+ years experience in customer-facing positions in a professional services firm, preferably with a management consulting or “Big 5” consulting organization
- Management of large billable projects for external customers
- Experience with modern services deployment methodologies, with emphasis on software and hardware architecture, and infrastructure design and development
- Use of formal project management tools (e.g., MS-Project, Visio, etc.)
- Strong technical background, with previous experience with delivery of Enterprise class software
- Strong analytical skills regarding technical and project management issues
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to manage competing client demands
- Ability to interact and communicate with CIO-level personnel
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% percent of the time, including international
- B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
- Project Management certification and ITIL certification preferred
- *Active TS/SCI clearance required
VMware offers great compensation, work-life balance, health insurance coverage, insurance for your financial protection, and savings/investment plans. This includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, and 401(k).
There is freedom in planning the workday with flexible start and stop times subject to the company's needs.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law. Location Reston, VA, US Is this a remote or multiple location position? No Requisition Number 42384BR Note To Applicant: Please disable your pop-up blocker prior to clicking “Apply”
VMware - 13 months ago
VMware, Inc.is a company providing virtualization software founded in 1998 and based in Palo Alto, California, USA. It is majority owned by...