Ensuring Client Satisfaction: The EM drives customer satisfaction through understanding, documenting, tracking, and surpassing customer requirements and expectations for project success. They lead the services delivery team(s) engaged with the client to ensure that client requirements remain a central focus for the daily activities of the team.
Pre-Sales: The EM is responsible for working with services sales executives and pre-sales architects to size engagements, structure proposals and statements of work, develop and deliver client presentations to support sales in selling new work.
Managing Engagement Risk and Delivery Quality: The EM has responsibility for understanding and thoughtfully managing risks. Decisions must be made regarding acceptable and unacceptable risks for each engagement. For each acceptable risk, the EM is responsible for crafting the mitigation plan. Lastly, the EM will determine who should be responsible for managing the risk and executing the mitigation plan.
Project Initiation: The EM establishes the processes to support the engagement, including setting up charge codes, defining the project calendar, and defining deliverable acceptance and reporting procedures. Project initiation also includes validating scope, conducting project kickoff and holding satisfaction benchmark discussions with stakeholders.
Project Status Reports: The EM tracks the performance of the engagement (typically weekly and monthly) and the quality of project deliverables (typically at key project milestones) and reports on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan. Project status is reported to the client as per the client’s need, and complex projects are typically reported on internally on a monthly basis.
Billable Utilization: The EM builds his/her time into engagements as appropriate to achieve the required level of billable utilization set by the business. During an engagement, the EM works as part of the engagement team, normally overseeing the performance of the engagement, ensuring the quality of deliverables, and managing client expectations of the engagement.
Client Invoices: The EM reviews and approves consultant and partner billable hours and expenses each week, and reviews and approves client invoices before they are sent. The EM also answers any questions clients may have about charges on the invoices, and intervenes as necessary to resolve billing disputes.
Project Deliverables: The EM defines in advance the acceptance criteria for each project deliverable, works with the team to establish delivery dates for each deliverable, and oversees the review of client deliverables to ensure they meet all client acceptance criteria, securing sign-off on each deliverable as defined in the SOW.
Skill sets needed
- Proven success delivering business value and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client relationships
- Strong experience collaborating with sales, architects and clients in structuring work to sell new business.
- Exceptional communication including presentation skills.
- Microsoft enterprise platform solutions experience preferred.
- Cloud solutions experience preferred.
- Experience managing offshore delivery resources preferred
- Travel required, approximately 25% of the time.
Interested parties should contact Brian Cortright at:
- 8+ years relevant professional experience across roles such as technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, design, deployment, and management.
- Excellent project management capabilities in large projects, PMP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead client and solutions consulting virtual teams
- Practical experience spanning infrastructure/system management and full systems development life cycle application development projects.
MS Office, PMP Certification prefered
Aditi - 22 months ago