AIR Worldwide (AIR), a member of the Verisk Insurance Solutions group at Verisk Analytics, is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting services. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987 and today models the risk from natural catastrophes and terrorism in 90 countries. AIR offers the opportunity to work with advanced technologies, global clients, and hundreds of the most innovative, talented minds in the industry.
Become a member of our growing Catastrophe Risk Engineering consulting practice while contributing to research and model development. Work closely with the engineering team in San Francisco and the research and modeling teams in Boston and other locations globally.
Perform risk engineering consulting combining engineering assessment with quantification of insurance/financial risk, including the development of engineering and risk analysis methodologies and metrics. Examples
Contribute to model development activities, including
- Site-specific risk analyses (probabilistic seismic and wind hazard assessments emphasizing connection between engineering assessments, risk analysis, financial impact and insurance buying)
- Property-specific loss estimates
- Exposure concentration analysis
- Other related activities
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Development of building vulnerability relationships
- Analyzing insurance claims to validate and enhance vulnerability relationships
- Investigating building damage in the aftermath of catastrophic events
- Providing technical support to clients along with other team members
- Assist in business development - contribute to proposal-development and marketing activities and development of collateral materials
• Earthquake and wind engineering, risk assessment and/or mitigation
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Highly motivated, detail-oriented, organized and a team player
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
• Structural engineering experience a plus
All insurance coverage is based upon calculated risk -- but who's doing the calculating? Insurance Services is one source for such...