Bowman Consulting is currently searching for an Engineer for our Austin, TX office.
The candidate hired for this position will initially fill the role of civil design support role leading to registration as a PE. This position will be under direct supervision of a registered PE.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing hydrologic studies, drainage calculations, design calculations and reports.
- Assisting with designing water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
- Researching local, state, and federal code requirements.
- Assisting with preparation of construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, and construction oversight.
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction related field from an accredited program (EIT or FE eligible)
- Zero to two years of experience in a civil engineering role with a public entity, engineering firm or contractor
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD and/or Microstation/GeoPak
- Familiarity with hydrology & hydraulics and drainage design a plus
- Position will require approximately 15% of the work week to be spent outside of the office – A valid Texas Driver’s License will be required
Interests: Building skills in becoming a civil design engineer for team engaged in public and private projects requiring streets, drainage, water/wastewater and water quality improvements – Potential growth into project management opportunities for land development projects generating subdivisions and site plans and/or infrastructure improvement projects