NOV is a leading designer and manufacturer for the oil and gas drilling industry.
Seeking an ambitious self directed, Industrial Engineer with programming and shop floor experience, for Pampa, Texas. The Industrial Engineer evaluates existing and new products and determines the optimum processes, standards, equipment, tools, flow and facilities required to manufacture products to the specified quality at an economical cost.
Job Scope includes but is not limited to:
- Perform a wide variety of investigative and analytical studies pertaining primarily to the development of effective standards, design of effective and economical methods and processes, and the maintenance of related records and reports.
- Review and evaluate engineering documentation (drawings and bills of material) to ensure consistency with manufacturing process and material presentation prior to formal release.
- Support manufacturing departments by resolving daily production issues.
- Stay informed of new technology, processes and best practices, apply them to manufacturing operations where applicable.
- Participate in department cost savings programs and the value analysis projects as directed.
- Take time studies on a group or individual, direct or indirect labor operations to develop standard data and/or verify existing data.
- Work with manufacturing to evaluate standards through use of labor reporting. Investigate variances from standard (low or high) and make recommendations on corrective actions.
- Provide input for long range project planning. Provide guidance to peers on project management and scheduling while scheduling work to meet completion dates and technical specifications.
- Evaluate and recommend tooling requirements.
- Continually monitor existing operations and recommend possible improvements or cost reductions. Prepare comparative cost estimates using alternative production methods.
- Work with management to develop efficient work centers for core products.
- Justify, select and direct installation and follow up on capital equipment installation. Coordinate with all interfacing departments to ensure a timely and flawless installation.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
US TX Pampa Hwy 60 W
11659 US Highway 60
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service
providers to the oil and gas industry. With over 170...