Here at Synacor we are passionate about investing in the future of tomorrow’s workforce; we strive to provide students with the opportunity to expand their learning beyond the classroom. The Synacor experience goes beyond anything you’ve learned in a classroom. During your internship, you’ll be working on development assignments in a mentoring environment that will enable you to develop your career. You could help create a web application, research new technologies, work on cutting edge mobile applications, create software test cases, or user guides—the possibilities are endless.
Synacor is looking for summer Engineering interns to help revamp Synacor’s Code Scanner, create integration test framework, and develop UI for tools. The Engineer (Intern) will be a second or third year student with an interest, and background in web development.
After an orientation period to learn the process and architecture of Synacor’s software, Interns will be assigned to a development team to assist on current development projects. You’ll be given real work with actual problems to solve. As an intern, you’ll be challenged with helping our engineering teams deliver world-class portal applications.
Due to the nature of the projects, we ask that interns work full time (5 days a week, 40 hours) for a period of 12 weeks.
Duties and Responsibilities :
• Write and modify code for assigned projects
• Development and documentation of changes related assigned projects
• Participation in technical planning and architectural exercises related to their projects
• Other development and application maintenance using standard development tools
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Skills :
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in Computer Science
• Experience in software and/or website development; exposure to developing large-scale database-driven applications a plus
• A solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
• Experience developing web applications in one of the following; PHP, Perl, or Python
• Able to problem solve and analyze possible solutions to logic problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet set deadlines
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to collaborate
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...