This position will be responsible for working with a team of engineer/administrators to implement and support Java application servers and web server platforms. This role works with application teams to design and implement java/web solutions that support business applications within all business units, except consumer online. Additionally, this role is responsible for the operational management of the application server systems. |
Required Skills/ Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience supporting mid to large size java application server environments utilizing JBoss Application Server
• 3+ years’ experience with application clustering, session management, web container and datasource thread management
• 3+ years’ experience with Unix and Linux operating systems
• Experience with load balancing concepts using network devices, mod_jk, or mod_cluster,
• Experience with SSL configuration, responding to security audits, and remediating web server vulnerabilities
• Strong scripting expertise including Korn/Bash, PERL, Jython
• Ability to provide 7X24 on-call support on a rotating basis
• Expertise in application server troubleshooting including garbage collection analysis, thread dump analysis, and system performance analysis
• Demonstrated ability to apply problem analysis and resolution techniques to complex system problems
• Excellent communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with system administrators, network administrators, database administrators, middleware engineers, developers, end users, and managers.
Desired, but not required Skills/ Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience supporting mid to large size application server environments utilizing Apache HTTP Server (with Perl/PHP/CGI components), Apache Tomcat, and IBM WebSphere Application Server
• Experience with various application monitoring and management tools including CA Wily Introscope, Nagios, VisualVM
• Experience with IBM WebSeal/Tivoli Access Manager
• Background with various Java toolkits and frameworks including Spring, Hibernate, Struts
• Strong working knowledge of DNS, TCPIP, Load Balancers
• Background in messaging products such as WebSphere MQ series
• Background in web application development, RDBMS
• Desire to learn and drive new solutions using Open Source technologies
• 7x24 on-call support for all issues relating to web servers and java application servers.
• Assist with application troubleshooting related to java and web server issues.
• Create management scripts for configuration changes, configuration backups, and complex application failover when related to the Apache/WebSphere/Jboss/Tomcat configuration.
• Design application systems using above products per requirements of the application. Assist with load balancing requirements, application placement, and security requirements involving application server setup.
• Configure monitoring tools and or create standard monitoring scripts to alert application teams and administration team of issues impacting users experience.
• Create processes to apply security and performance patches as required to application server and web components.
• Assist other Infrastructure teams with troubleshooting, projects tasks, and general day-to-day requests or activities.
• Ensure integrity of asset inventory/license management.
• Assist with resolving configuration, vulnerability and audit exceptions.
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
On Occasion (Less than 5%)
Sears Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based...