- Operations and administration of information security activities including systems and data security, disaster recovery, and archiving.
- Provide global transition and implementation support for managed customer's security complexes.
- Responsible for network security design adherence on customer-requested projects.
- Collaborate with Network Engineering and Project Management to implement custom solutions
- Flag any proposed solution that deviates significantly from existing Design Standards.
- Research and analysis for planning, organizing, and managing network security functions.
- Assist with presentations to the floor engineers on processes, and procedures that are being implemented.
- Document designs which describe and are used to manage incidents and changes in the customer's security environments.
- Research developments in assigned technology disciplines, determine business requirements, propose changes, and develop migration and logical implementation plans as needed.
- Understand and effectively articulates the implications and impacts that proposed changes will have on the business
- Represent Verizon's managed security services in technical discussions with customers and third party vendors.
- Troubleshoot and lead technical collaboration efforts on new installs and new partner connections.
- Develop lab scenarios to mock user environments and test components of proposed solutions.
- Support large scale firewall migrations and baseline reviews
- Support changes in strict accordance with customer's change management policies.
o Cisco ASA
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 Years’ experience of related network security experience including logical implementations, troubleshooting, complex change and operations support (2 nd , 3 rd level).
- In depth understanding of networking technologies, e.g. Cisco routers and switches.
- Extensive and hands on experience with both physical and network/host level security.
- System knowledge including ESP, ETMS, SMARTS and Concord a plus
- Knowledge of external services environments including SSL certificate exchange, Remote access solutions, and Business to Business interconnects.
- Must have experience implementing and supporting Enterprise Gateway environments including at least two of the following technologies: Firewalls (Cisco ASA/FWSM, Palo Alto, Juniper Netscreen/SRX); Global and Local load balancing (F5, Cisco ACE, Symantec Netscaler); SSL RAS (Netscreen SA, Array SPX, Aventail); Enterprise Management tools (NSM, and/or F5 Ent Manager)
- Advanced exposure to F5 LTM, BlueCoat, and/or SSL VPN support/implementations is a plus. Alternative FW experience will also be considered as long as the experience has been implementation-based.
- Additional cert and experience details are listed below:
o CCNA/CCNP certified; + security (CCNA-Security, CCNP-Security)
o F5-CA (LTM/GTM essentials)
o Palo Alto ACE
o ITIL – Version 2/3
o Linux/Unix skills & scripting
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 23 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...