Provides engineering services at a large multi-use professional complex. Must maintain a professional image & attitude in keeping the objectives of the company's welfare. Must be able to take direction from supervisor and maintain positive relationships with management & non-management associates.
Practices and implements conduct in accordance with established policies and procedures and division motto of "Exceptional Service is Our Standard."
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND responsibilities
Perform the following duties:
• Repairs and maintains building, grounds, fixtures, machinery and mechanical equipment, in building common areas and tenant areas.
• Preventive maintenance duties in accordance with established program.
• Completes preventative and scheduled maintenance work orders. Updates equipment and building information for preventative maintenance program.
• Assists in setup of materials for promotions and special events.
• May be required to lift and move heavy objects.
• Responds to after-hour's emergency calls, possible overtime, and may be required to report back to the property after hours, if needed.
• Plumbing duties include inspecting, installing, repairing and replacing pipes, fittings and plumbing fixtures.
• Electrical duties include inspecting, maintaining, repairing, and the operating of an uninterruptible power supply, power distribution systems, large scale electric gen sets, lighting, wiring, power circuits.
• Carpentry duties include construction and repair of walls and partitions, drywall installation and repair, shelving and counter installation, repair of doors and associated door hardware (locksets and closers), etc.
• Painting duties include painting, filling holes and cracks, and wallpaper repair.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Must have at least 5 years experience in a critical building environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (REQUIRED)
• COQ Refrigeration Engineer certificate of fitness - FDNY.
• Universal CFC - EPA.
• Required to join L 94 Union.
• Must attend L94 union school for 3 years while position is held.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 8 months ago