Engineer – Substation Design .
Butte , MT
The Richest Hill on Earth, built from its' bustling mining days, Butte has progressed through times of change and yet maintained its sense of community. "Our Lady of the Rockies", a 90 foot statue sitting atop the Continental Divide at 8,510 ft., overlooks Butte and exemplifies a "can do" attitude that has achieved our city an All-American status! The MiningCity not only offers countless hours of historic mining exploration but also caters to the outdoor enthusiast. If it can be done in the great outdoors, Butte, and its surrounding area can serve as your playground. Its' pinpoint location allows for un-congested access to any of your destinations in the great "TreasureState".
SUMMARY OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide structural engineering design, engineering standards maintenance and development, estimating tools, and project management for transmission and substation projects.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- All NorthWestern Energy employees are required to adhere to company safety standards and the Code of Business Conduct & Ethics
- Ensure all actions are consistent with NorthWestern Energy’s values, mission, and strategic business objectives
- Implement creative, innovative, and cost effective solutions in transmission and substation design
- Design, estimate, and manage Substation and Transmission infrastructure projects
- Perform economic analysis
- Write Technical Reports
- Manage capital projects
- Provide technical support for Substation Operations and Distribution Operations
- Assist in developing Substation and Transmission budgets
- Assist in developing the annual work plan and scheduling projects
- Design and evaluate projects to ensure compliance with NERC, FERC, NESC, and Company standards
- Develop and maintain engineering standards and estimating tools
- Perform technical and safety training for engineers and craft personnel
- Complete engineering audits/reviews of contractors and internal engineering
- Must be able to demonstrate a good safety record
- Must possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Applicant must have a BS in Engineering and the ability to obtain a Professional Engineers License
- Prefer structural or civil engineering discipline
- Engineer must have good organizational skills and the ability to work effectively with others
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and manage changing priorities
- Experience with PLS Cad, AutoCad Civil 3D, or structural design software preferred
- Positive attitude, innovation, and ability to implement new ideas preferred
When considering applicants for this position, the selection process will take into consideration the needs of NorthWestern, including such factors as reorganization requirements, diversity opportunities, relocation requirements, employee development and job succession. If any of the preceding language conflicts with the applicable bargaining unit agreements, the bargaining unit agreement will prevail.
External applicants should apply online at http://www.northwesternenergy.com. Internal applicants should apply online at iConnect. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 1-800-245-6977, or via email at .
Human Resources Department Job # 1441 & 1438
3010 West 69 th Street
Sioux Falls , SD57108
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Monster - 12 months ago