- Maintain the physical hotel by performing general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but not limited to; carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, painting etc.
- Contribute to the Guest Experience on resort by quickly responding to and fixing maintenance requests in guest rooms.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the property by performing any maintenance related projects assigned, individually or with other team members.
- Aid the safety of the hotel by adhering to safety standards, participating in OSHA/safety programs within the hotel and participating in the hotel’s emergency evacuation team.
- Positively and professionally respond to manager/supervisor requests to complete all tasks assigned.
- Communicate with associates, management, clients, owners and others in a courteous and professional manner and in accordance with Westin Brand Standards.
- Embrace and apply The Westin Culture and Core Values in all work activities and interactions by actively participating in trainings, learning opportunities and other related Associate programs.
Associates of Intrawest are expected to demonstrate competencies in the following core areas:
Is honest and principled; develops self and inspires others; exhibits confidence and courage; is resilient and optimistic
- Demonstrates Personal Excellence:
Cooperates and collaborates; leverages outputs with others’ input; works with a team; is a clear communicator; aligns their actions with the company’s vision
- Builds and fosters relationships:
Is oriented to quality service; creates emotional connections that drive guest loyalty; delivers a premium guest experience
Understands the company values; displays awareness of competition in the market place; demonstrates Intrawest and Westin knowledge and commitment
- Develops successful strategies:
Prevents and solves problems; suggests and advocates process improvements; is systematic and rational
- Creates the new and different:
Follows work plans and priorities; multi-tasks; is personally accountable for actions
Education and Certifications
Experience and Skills
- High School Education or GED preferred
- Appropriate technical schooling beneficial
- 3 years hands-on experience working with minor electrical, mechanical, painting, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC troubleshooting, blueprint reading and other related craft experience
- Ability to obtain or maintain and government licenses, certificates or permits
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more. Some work tasks are performed outdoors in cold and snowy conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use visual acuity; and talk or hear.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can occasionally be loud
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including but not limited to: non slip footwear, gloves, protective eye glasses, protective clothing, ear plugs
- The worker is subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
- The worker will have to bend, squat, and lift up to 25 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis, 50lbs on a frequent basis and up to 100lbs on an occasional basis.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- This position works 30 hours per week- rotating overnight shifts may be required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, safety rules, work procedures, and instructions
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
- Attendance at all scheduled meetings and training sessions is required
- All associates must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per standards
- This position is required to wear a uniform as stipulated by Resort standards
- Employment for this job is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the associate in this position- associate(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The Westin Monache Resort, Mammoth is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Intrawest - 12 months ago