Location: 2600 North Center Street Maryville, IL
This co-op position will start in June and end in December 2013
Key responsibilities of the Student Engineer may include:
Work location is primarily in an office environment, although construction site visits/inspections involving outside activities are required periodically.
- Duties include but are not limited to assisting engineers in the design and project management activities.
- Assist engineers in the areas of system planning and system protection
- Working with system models to study the distribution system, perform load flow studies, evaluate equipment ratings and perform coordination studies.
- Provide technical support for projects and other assignments related to distribution line work.
- Plan, design, budget, engineer, and manage electric construction projects related to reliability, government highway projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric distribution system.
Education: Must be an undergraduate of Junior or Senior student status in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Cumulative GPA of 2.5 is required. Grad students are welcome to apply.
Experience: Problem solving & analysis skills. Strong Microsoft Office skills preferred. Previous internship or co-op experience is a plus, but not required.
Other: Good analytical, communication, and human relations skills. Adaptable and flexible. Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Must have reliable transportation for occasional travel to construction sites.
Salary: . Date posted: 05/21/2013
- 22 months ago - save job
AmerenEnergy Fuels & Services provides fuel and energy-related products and services for Ameren and its affiliated operating companies....