Put a LIFT in Your Career! NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. (NMHG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented level I Engineer in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. NMHG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
NMHG is looking for an energetic individual who will have a positive influence on the organization. This role plays an important role between the development centers, the manufacturing plants and service locations ensuring that we deliver quality product that meet customer requirements and acceptance. Join our team as we take NMHG to the next level.
- Work with product development teams and the Project Technicians by preparing Vendor Assembly and Service Parts Engineering Changes Notifications, as assigned
- Assist production development teams in preparation of Engineering Changes Notifications as requested to meet schedule commitments.
- Creates Engineering Changes Notifications to correct records errors, cancels units, restructures Bills of Materials, etc. to help keep project activity on schedule.
- Responsible for creation and revision of all Sales & Product Information documents based on data provided by the designer in compliance with standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of experience in engineering
- Knowledge of CORE, EDM, DFT structures, factory materials planning processes, and factory ECN implementation processes.
- Working knowledge of Product Data management and Engineering terminology
- Understanding of NMHG policies and CBDC processes so the output of engineering records meets the needs of all NMHG customers (other development centers, factories, service, parts depots, etc.).
- Familiarity with NMHG products, and general knowledge of machinery and forklift components.
- Proficient Microsoft Office 2000 and Adobe Acrobat Writer:
- Inserting Excel spreadsheets into Word document
- Creating professional Power Point presentations
- Creating book marks and hyperlinks
- Converting Word documents to PDF files
- Proficient in HTML for Website maintenance
- Proficient in use of CORE/Agile (Product Data Management) systems
- Authoring ECNs
- Inquiry for information / communication packages
- File extraction and Data Analysis
- Ability to adapt to new electronic systems.
- Communications skills to deal with internal and external customers, suppliers, and visitors, using verbal and written processes.
- Conceptual Thinking
- Problem Solving Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Time Management Skills
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Understanding of International Engineering Standards
- Product knowledge
- Communication, People, & Organization Skills
NMHG - 23 months ago