Ericsson Services, Inc. is looking for an RF Engineer Level II candidate to demonstrate experience in the RF optimization of the CDMA and EVDO wireless networks in the Pittsburgh market.
The RF Engineer II is the technical resource for the market RF Engineering group and is responsible for the overall deployment, expansion, and maintenance of the market.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
- This position requires understanding of the details surrounding Radio Frequency (RF) network traffic studies, optimization and performance of a CDMA and EVDO networks, and regulatory/MPE activities.
- Participate in radio network design tuning and optimization activities; design, tune and optimize high capacity wireless CDMA, EVDO and LTE networks using RF engineering technology.
- Will utilize engineering tools such as cell planning tools, drive test data collection and post-processing tools, and network performance statistics monitoring and analysis tools.
- Analyze network traffic and statistical information and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Implement radio network features.
- Prepare and review site configuration based on site survey data and traffic forecast
- Prepare and review cell and frequency plans and cell design data.
- Bachelors degree in the field of Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering with at least 5 years of RF engineering experience.
- Direct experience providing optimization service for CDMA, EVDO, and LTE technologies.
- Thorough knowledge of wireless systems performance and diagnostic metrics and their supporting statistical data from infrastructure nodes.
- Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or operator is desired.
- Proficient computer user including Microsoft Office, at least one programming/scripting language, and database applications.
- Must be able to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be highly organized and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as under supervision.
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable conversing with all levels of engineering and management teams.
- Must have good written, verbal and presentation skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
This requisition is intended to generate a candidate for future openings
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society and is a world leader in communications technology and services. Our long-term...