The Engineer III will conduct entry level technical work under direct supervision of more senior technical/management staff and will perform assignments designed to develop work knowledge and abilities. This position will participate in appropriate orientation, managerial, and High Performance Culture (HPC) training to develop internal network and fundamental business acumen. After this orientation program, the Engineer III will be placed in Manufacturing, Processing or Innovations Engineering based on background and business need. The Engineer III will apply standard engineering practices and techniques to related assignments and perform specific and limited portions of broader projects/assignments managed by more senior/experienced personnel. This position will ensure appropriate technical analysis is achieved through data collection/interpretation and applies findings to ensure appropriate problem resolution.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (some are area specific):
• Responsible for technical assignments that further develop engineering skills usually under supervision of a more senior technical staff.
• Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Lead assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
• Incumbent will receive instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions. Assistance will provided on unusual problems from more senior technical staff and work will be reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
• Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• May lead or coordinate the work of others.
• May require working on multiple shifts.
• Assignments usually include one or more of the following:
1. Equipment design and development
2. Equipment layout design
3. Test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation
4. Refine Marketing/R&D concepts and utilize innovative engineering techniques to develop manufacturing solutions that will translate these concepts into reality.
5. Lead development of one of a kind prototype equipment for R&D to facilitate new product development and lab scale manufacturing of development products for evaluation.
6. Design and create technical drawings of solutions to meet new product requirements.
7. Identify and develop expertise in new technologies across industry that can be utilized internally for development of innovative processes to deliver new products or packaging to the marketplace.
8. Identify and partner with external equipment vendors and engineering service providers to develop new process solutions.
9. Lead all project management activities including concept development, feasibility analysis, scope definition, cost estimating, specification and drawing development, business risk evaluation, vendor evaluation, resource allocation, development of manufacturing options, scheduling and installation.
10. Provide technical support during the start-up and qualification of new equipment and processes.
11. Develop and manage capital and expense budgets to meet project objectives.
12. Support the development of business cases for new projects to deliver financial targets including risk analysis, options evaluation, cost comparison, design considerations and quantification of benefits to meet corporate vision.
13. Drive continuous process improvement through the ability to recognize unnecessary complexities and process gaps, and proactively drive implementation of strategies to execute effective solutions.
14. Maintain up to date knowledge of all applicable procedures and regulations as it relates to FDA, DOJ and other regulatory requirements.
15. Identify and implement plans to minimize the operational impact of new process implementation as it relates to cost and complexity while meeting project objectives.
4 year technical degree
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...