The Engineer III will conduct entry level technical work under direct supervision of senior technical management staff and will perform assignments designed to develop work knowledge and abilities. The Engineer III will apply standard engineering /quality practices and techniques to related assignments and perform specific and limited portions of broader projects and assignments. The Engineer III will also manage projects of limited scope and scale. This position will ensure appropriate technical analysis is achieved through data collection and interpretation and applies findings to ensure appropriate problem resolution. The Engineer III will interact and partner with Plant Operations to identify and work toward resolution of ongoing production issues from a technical standpoint.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for technical assignments that further develop engineering skills.
• Independently evaluate, select, and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria good using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
• Lead assignments that have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables. Assistance will be provided on unusual problems from senior technical staff and work will be reviewed for application of sound professional judgment.
• Perform work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with relatively few complex features for which there are precedents.
• May lead or coordinate the work of others.
• May require working on multiple shifts.
• Equipment design and development, including layout design
• Test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, report preparation
• Refine Marketing and R&D concepts and utilize innovative engineering techniques to develop manufacturing solutions that will translate these concepts into reality.
• Create technical drawings of solutions to meet new product requirements.
• Identify and develop expertise in new technologies that can be utilized internally for development of innovative processes to deliver new products or packaging to the marketplace.
• Identify and partner with external equipment vendors and engineering service providers to develop new process and packaging solutions or refine existing ones.
• Lead all project management activities including concept development, feasibility analysis, scope definition, cost estimating, specification and drawing development, business risk evaluation, vendor evaluation, resource allocation, development of manufacturing options, scheduling and installation.
• Lead cross functional teams reviewing vendor performance and new supplier qualifications as well as developing action plans to address gaps.
• Provide technical support during the start-up and qualification of new equipment and processes
• Develop and manage capital and expense budgets to meet project objectives.
• Support the development of business cases for new projects to deliver financial targets including risk analysis, options evaluation, cost comparison, design considerations and quantification of benefits to meet corporate vision.
• Drive continuous process improvement through the ability to recognize unnecessary complexities and process gaps, and proactively drive implementation of strategies to execute effective solutions.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of all applicable procedures and regulations as it relates to FDA, DOJ and other regulatory requirements.
• Identify and implement plans to minimize the operational impact of new process implementation as it relates to cost and complexity while meeting project objectives.
• Determine root cause of material versus machine performance issues by using problem solving skills.
BS degree in Engineering
Prior manufacturing experience a plus
Ability to engage with stakeholders and external partners
Ability to actively participate in a Team-based environment
Autocad experience a plus
Successfully complete the RJRT Vision test.
Ability to lift 45 lbs.
Competitive Annual Salary
Targeted Annual Bonus
Relocation assistance available for those who qualify.
Our company offers very competitive compensation and benefit plans, including:
Generous annual bonus program for all employees
401(k) plan that offers opportunity to save on pre- and post-tax basis up to 50 percent of eligible compensation. Company matches 100 percent of employee pre-tax/Roth (401k) contributions up to six percent
Comprehensive health and welfare benefits package
Eleven paid company holidays annually, plus a generous paid vacation plan based on length of service
Company-paid sick and personal days, funeral leave and jury duty leave
Education initiative plans
Federal credit union membership through Allegacy Federal Credit Union
Extensive training and opportunities for professional and career development.
"Hot" does not begin to describe Reynolds American Inc. (RAI). The holding company holds the #2 spot among US makers of cigarettes...