Cray is searching for a senior level Systems Engineer to provide highly visible on-site customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex Cray equipment and systems at the NERSC customer site. Provides both hardware and software technical support and maintenance for Cray’s massively parallel computer systems.
Provide software and hardware technical support and maintenance for a large Cray Inc. massively parallel (MPP) computer system and associated third party equipment. Analyze system software and hardware issues, effect repair or workaround when possible, escalate problems to product support groups and appropriate management, assist in the timely resolution of system and customer issues. Provide answers to customer inquiries concerning the system, document system problems and follow through with backline support groups to ensure timely resolution. Performs software builds, software upgrades, patch installation and hardware repairs as needed.
Cray is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Engineering or related field/discipline
- Requires a minimum of 8 years HPC related customer / user support experience with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/UNIX system administration, C and shell script programming, python, awk, and perl required.
- Ability to gather data and perform root-cause analysis.
- Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure.
- Occasional travel for training or to provide support at other customer sites.
- Good mechanical aptitude desirable, physical ability to lift 30 lbs. over head required.
- Must be willing to share on-call rotation duties with other staff to provide 24x7 support.
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....